Redi-Roll Ridge Fixing Instructions
1. For unventilated dry ridge applications, install the underlay as normal. For ventilated dry ridge applications, lay the underlay ensuring it is set back 30mm short of the apex on both sides of the roof, to allow for ventilation. Don’t fix top tiling batten at this stage.
2. Fix galvanised ridge batten straps to each truss or rafter using clout nails. Using 25mm tiling battens make the ridge batten.
For most tile profiles two to three battens will suffice. An extra batten may be necessary if a ridge board already exists. Secure the battens in place with ridge batten strap supplied, overlapping the arms as necessary. Fix with clout head nails.
3. Fix the top tiling batten ensuring an air gap is maintained. Complete tiling as normal.
4. Unroll the Redi-Roll Dry Fix Ventilated Ridge & Hip System centrally over the ridge batten, ensuring a 75mm overlap on each side of the top course of tiles. Secure in place every 300mm with clout nails or staples. Any joins should be overlapped by a minimum of 75mm.
5. Remove protective paper from the adhesive strip and press down firmly onto dry, clean tiles all the way along the ridge. For deeply profiled tiles, additional care is needed to work the Redi-Roll System into the pans.
6. Locate the block end ridge tile over the centre of the roll and secure it with a screw (it may be necessary to drill a hole in the ridge approximately 30-40mm from the block end for this purpose). Continue along the ridge, fixing each ridge tile with the plates and screws provided. An optional screw sleeve is included if the user perceives that there may be a risk of light bleed between ridge tiles.